Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nihon ikimashio! Part 1

Have you forgiven me for not posting regularly last week? I know you would :). But, I have just the way to make up for it anyway! Come with me as I retrace my journey last week.

You ready? Let’s head to… the Land of the Rising Sun!!! Woohoo!!

When the plane landed in Narita at about 2pm, I couldn’t quite believe that I was back. It’s been 3 years and I’ve been saying forever that I want to return. It was finally happening! I took a limo bus to the city to meet my friend, Midori, who very very kindly put me up in her lovely little apato. Despite having woken up at 2am that morning, my adrenalin was pumping so we left for Shibuya the moment I dropped my bags on her apato floor.

Shibuya, the heart of Tokyo city... I soak in the air of cosmopolitan Japan. I convinced Midori that I MUST go to Tokyu Hands and I soon found myself in craft/DIY paradise. Wow wee! Several levels of anything, everything that will make creative souls happy. Time was limited so I zoomed into my great loves—sewing related stuff, stationery and paper. Since I had only just landed, I restrained myself from spending my entire fortune on my very first day.


But I HAD to bring home these awfully cute marking clips. It was love at first slight.

And aren’t these tiles sooo kawaii?? I would have bought every single alphabet but well, rational Sandy said to get only “S” and “T” (T for my wonderful fiancĂ©). I slipped the tile with this irresistibly cute girl and doggie into my hand anyway.

It was tape galore as well! Don’t ask me what I will do with it. I’ll get it first and I’ll find out later.

Dinner time!! Mmmm… Nihon ryori is my all-time favourite!! And nothing beats the quality of Japanese food in Japan! Midori, Aki and Yuki treated me to a delicious meal. I was too happy eating and chatting with them to take more pics (baka Sandy).

Aki gave me an omiyage and the box was too beautiful! Despite the unimaginable weight of my luggage, I made sure I took the box home. The contents delighted me just as much!



[click on images to enlarge]

So, have I redeemed myself yet? Nope, this is not all. Come back tomorrow and we’ll continue with my second day in Tokyo, ok? I’ll take you to a lovely cafĂ©.

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I would've spent a fortune too with such kawaii stuff all in one place! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiee Sandy!! Missed you while i was away!! Im catching up on all the posts that ive missed on your blog and enjoying all of it. Im so happy that you had a chance to return to Japan. How FUN! Love the items you bought and that lovely gifts!

    Oh and i didn't forget the wedding handmade items im planning for you. :) I bought some fabrics and will take a picture to show you to see if you like them or not.

    Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, could you fit more cute in one post? I'm so incredibly jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness- those tiles and bunny are to die for! Feeling rather jealous ;)

    Yes, aren't the Hazel Bee cards great? They kept me laughing for ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will soooo forgive you for not posting regularly last week if you'll keep posting stuff from your japan trip! I've never set foot there at all and this post just made my day. Everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, heavenly! tell me you made it to Kyoto, i always find the most amazing handmade treats there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very jealous of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!