Monday, October 19, 2009

[Weekend through the eyes of my iPhone] - #8

Welcome back everyone! I hope you had a well-rested weekend and is now roaring to go with regard the new week!

This weekend, we had a few errands to run and so drove around quite a bit. I’m not sure why but I must have spotted a record number of Volkswagen Beetles on the road for a singular weekend. They weren’t just the New Beetle. There were actually more of the Type 1s (now you see that my love for vintage extends to cars as well). The cutest and most adorable of these was a Type 1 in white and baby blue. Swooooon! I wish I could have snapped that one in time.

T and I rewarded ourselves for the busy Saturday with a lovely dinner at a quiet place off town. We’ve been to this place a few times and this was the first time I noticed the interesting lightings near this staircase. Makes it all look cool and swanky, doesn’t it?

We also caught a beautiful movie. It’s been some time since I enjoyed a movie this much. Set in Belle Epoque Paris, the film boasted gorgeous cinematography, beautiful beautiful period costumes and interior sets. But more than these, the movie managed to draw me in and captured my emotions before my realizing so. It engaged at a level that many Hollywood productions fail to and I didn’t have the conscious awareness that I was watching the film as an audience in a cinema. I love how subtle it is and how a lot is conveyed without explicit articulation. It’s a movie that I can revisit and come away with different understanding each time. It’s like peeling the layers. Oh, should I mention that Michelle Pfeiffer’s luminous in this film? That said, I’ll have to admit that this film wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea. But if this sounds like you kind of thing, go catch Cheri.






[movie images from: here]

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend...
    Thank you for your visit!!
    Just I've to tell you that the big drawings in black & white are not from me but from my friend
    Nathalie Choux...;)
    bye bye!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!