Thursday, May 20, 2010

Of Mac & Books

My Macbook has turned its back on me recently. To think that I’ve been taking such good care of it. Hmph! This is also the reason why I haven’t been checking out some of your blog lately. While I try to get it to stop throwing tantrums, I have sought solace in old friends who are not at all temperamental—books!

I’m reading a few books right now and enjoying them according to my mood. There’s non-fiction, there’s chic lit, there’s even comic! Some frown on novels and chic lit and feel that one only has time for non-fiction, edifying books. I beg to differ. I think it’s perfectly fine to have a wide repertoire and it in turns contributes to one’s different style of writing too! There are times when my eye lids turn heavy with just a page of information-laden book but reading novels/chic lit transports me away from my world. As I read, the mental images of the story build up in my mind. It’s like watching a movie! Totally engaging! What do you enjoy reading?






I’m glad to have time to catch up on some reading. But I do hope to get my Macbook to stop its nonsense soon.

[images: 1 Candy Pop, 2 & 3 We Heart It, 4 ArtofAli, 5 & 6 We Heart It]

2 comments:

  1. this post = love. have a wonderful day!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the book displays! makes me want to take leave NOW and run off with a suitcase of books over the weekend for a rendezvous. thanks for sharing San!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!