Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Clash of the Prints

Hi there, it was great to hear from some of you in the previous post! Certainly glad to know I’m not the only one guilty of loving not-so-healthy food. A lovely reader mentioned that she wanted to follow Cookie Cutter but it wasn’t obvious how to (thanks so much for highlighting that). On the right column, just after “I am *Hearting*”, you can “Place Cookie Order”. Click on the appropriate button to subscribe. I hope this helps :). If you too were wondering the same thing, click on to follow now!


For today’s post, I thought I’ll inspire us all to be more adventurous with prints and colours. As much as I hate to admit it, I think I tend to stick to safe options. But as these images demonstrate, a clash of prints done so tastefully is oh so pretty! It’s fun! And what’s life without fun? So go on, try it!







Are you like me, a little too sedated? Or have you always been bold with your decorative choices?


[images (from top): 1 Maggy Moon Interiors, 2 Vintage Heaven, 3 Jasna Janekovic, Lily of Opulence, 4 Petits Details, 5 House Dreams, 6 Craft & Creativity, Larking About]

4 comments:

  1. I adore colours in the house !
    http://prettydarling.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've actually become a lot more refined over the last couple years. when i was younger i was patterns galore, but recently i've been drawn to solids + simplicity.

    :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the clutter of patterns! especially these, what great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love mixing and matching... i wish my house had more florals and pretty pastels (and it already has a few, let me tell you!) N x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!