Monday, November 29, 2010

Handmade as Gifts

Happy Monday, folks! We’re entering the last month of the year very soon. You must be busy with gift-shopping or have been flooded with shopping catalogues?


Speaking of gift, a friend of mine recently asked me help make a plushie for her. She wanted to give it as a present. I was delighted to have the opportunity to promote giving handmade items as presents and so dived into sewing.


It was only after I presented the plushie to her that she told me it was intended as a birthday present for our common friend. The birthday girl had wanted to support my work. So in our birthday request tradition, she had asked for a plushie from me after seeing this at my place. But she thought it was better to keep it from me for the time being. I was surprised and touched when I found out their little “scam”! Thanks, chums! It was a sweet gesture!




4 comments:

  1. Oh !!! ADORABLE !!!
    http://prettydarling.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sweet sandy, you are so right...this time of the year everyone is busy with handmade gifts! And omg your little plush is sooo adorable and it made me smile!! Oh yes and i didnt forget that i still owe you an email. Things have been so busy lately...i will get to it soon..promise! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. eek! so precious. the little blushing cheeks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!