Monday, January 10, 2011

Japanese-inspired French pastries - Flor

Hello there! Are you enjoying 2011 so far? I know I’ve taken a longer leave than expected. A family member had a minor accident so we’ve all been a little busier at home. But I didn’t forget about you guys! And regardless of how the year started, I’m going to be positive and believe that it’s going to be a great year!


For this first post, I want to let you in on this little patisserie with REALLY yummy Japanese-inspired French pastries! Flor (pronounced “fu-ro-ru” is nicely hidden along the quiet Duxton Hill. Its design is simple but warm, a charm I find quintessentially Japanese. The Japanese lady boss at the counter was full of cheer, smile and politeness. When T and I returned from Tokyo last year and suffered from withdrawal symptoms, Flor was one of our antidotes!


Flor

Cute signboard reminiscent of many shops in Japan!


Flor

Flor

Flor

Flor

Flor

These pictures were taken by my iPhone and really don’t do the place justice,

especially this cake.

But trust me, the cakes are all unbelievably soft, moist and light!


Flor

I had this really refreshing tea as well!


Flor

You may thank me after you've checked out this little gem :p

4 comments:

  1. looks like a great weekend!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to go and visit for tea and cake.
    Wishing you a wonderful 2011.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Will add this to my "Places to visit" List :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another one of my favourite things- Japanese inspired french patisseries! Love the menu pic xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!