Thursday, November 24, 2011

[Shanghai] - Baker & Spice


I went on a short trip last week to Shanghai and guess what? I’ll be doing a series of posts on Shanghai here! The weather was great while I was there. It was cool enough to wear a jacket but not so freezing that one had to pile on layers. You’ll know by now that my travels always involve visiting cafes and indie shops, so this trip was no exception.
I have a love affair with artisan bread and I was at Baker & Spice on a lovely morning for my fix. It didn’t disappoint. Sitting at where I was, I could see freshly baked bread being taken out from the oven in the kitchen behind. After I greedily polished my breakfast, I slowly sipped my cup of freshly squeezed orange juice while enjoying the scene on the little lane outside. It was of flower peddlers, cyclists, grandparents and grandchildren, and of falling autumn leaves. 

Baker & Spice

Baker & Spice

Baker & Spice

Baker & Spice

Baker & Spice


Baker & Spice

Baker & Spice

Baker & Spice

4 comments:

  1. And always like to read your travel series. I love Shanghai, huge dynamic city yet still could the traditional touches....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaay! I am dying to go to Shanghai. Beautiful pictures, I cannot wait to see more. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah that is one giant leaf! Maple leaf I think? Like the one on the Canadian flag? Heehee... the Singapore equivalent would be the banana leaf I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your sweet words.

    Jeanne: Haha! Banana leaf is funny but true.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!