Monday, December 12, 2011

[Shanghai] - Out & About + Suzhou


Hello! Today’s post will be the last in our [Shanghai] series. I’ll wrap it up by taking you with me to enjoy some of the Shanghai sights!

Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai

Some of Shanghai’s famous sights.

Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai

I also made a day trip to Suzhou. A place I’ve been wanting to visit since years ago. Finally made it there! There’s a Chinese saying which when literally translated goes: Above, there is heaven; below, there are Suzhou and Hangzhou. It’s an expression which conveys the beauty of Suzhou and Hangzhou (should put Hangzhou as one of my places to visit next). 
It was a day trip so I didn’t have time for much but Suzhou enchanted me with its beauty nevertheless. Red leaves, peaceful rivers and ponds. A quiet stroll. An appreciation of the rich history.

Suzhou

11

12

13

That's it for now! I hope you've enjoyed this Shanghai series :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Suzhou looks beautiful. I visited Hangzhou last year, an amazing place. I hope you get to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah: I didn't manage to squeeze in Hangzhou. Hope to do so next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 5th one looks like a watercolor painting! and those trees in the first pictures, they make that street look quite familiar to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love your shanghai series. i honestly don't feel as much for the japan ones... i dunno why... not that the places aren't pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 十十f十 : Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I especially love the last one from Suzhou, I went there 9years ago as well as shanghai of course. I'm sure the city has changed dramatically since!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiki: I spent only a day in Suzhou and I already loved it! It has an old world charm about it. I can only imagine the history some of these places hold.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!