Thursday, November 15, 2012

[Fukui] - I Love Thee

I recently visited my Japanese “hometown”. Truthfully, counting down to the trip filled me with a lot more anticipation and excitement than any other of my travel. You see, I love that place to bits. 
1. I love it for its proximity to nature.
Walking on moss carpets,

Nature

Nature

Nature

 watching the changing colours of cascading trees on the mountains,

Nature

Nature

playing in the cool spring water,

Nature

Nature

witnessing the ferocity of the roaring waves,

Nature

 enjoying the vastness of the land, 

Nature

Nature

Nature
admiring the clouds that dot the clear blue sky... 
these sights I find I never tire of. 
Transfixed because these truly are the greatest work of art. 
(to be continued)

5 comments:

  1. -sighs- I love Japan, I really do. And I think it's absolutely wonderful that you had the opportunity to live in a country that's utterly mesmerising in so many ways, be it in terms of the people, food, culture, environment and whatnot. I love how your photos of Fukui communicate the kind of serenity and simplicity that everyone should be enjoying in life (but unfortunately most can't because society is just too harsh and fast-paced), and how they remind me that truly, nature is the mother of everything. I may have only been to the more touristy areas of Japan, but I do understand that pleasant feeling that sweeps over one, when one enters a particular place. Kinda like 与世隔绝 hahaha.

    Anyway, congrats for being able to visit your "hometown" again! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment and making it such a heartfelt one.

      Delete
  2. Your hometown is breathtaking, I'm so in love with the landscape ! I'm going to Tokyo in december, perhaps I will have time to go, it's only 4 hours by train...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy! I just nominated you for a blog award. http://carrotoh.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/thank-you/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!