Monday, March 18, 2013

Masons

A while ago, T and I went for lunch away from the crowded central area. We found ourselves nestled amongst greenery and old houses. I found myself immediately in a more relaxed mode. 

Masons is housed in an old colonial style structure and I was quite smitten with the black and white square titles in its premises. 

Mason


Mason

Mason

Mason

I loved how the napkin was folded to resemble a shirt and was almost disappointed when the waiting staff flicked it open to lay in on my lap.

Mason

We opted for the set lunch. The starters were promising. The soup aromatic but not overly seasoned. The salad simple but fresh. The generous serving of goat cheese would delight cheese lovers. 

Mason

Bread and butter get me very happy and these did just that. The bread was crispy on the outside and cottony soft on the inside, just the way I love it.

Mason

Rather pleased with the dishes so far, I had my expectations set high for my entree. Perhaps that was why I was a tad disappointed with my prawn and snapper tortellini. T's crispy skin duck fared better though. Overall, I thought the portions were just right. I didn't walk out feeling I need to get on the treadmill as soon as possible. 

Mason

Mason
I might return for the ala carte menu. Plus, service was pleasant (which we know is getting harder to come by in Singapore).


1 comment:

  1. WOW such a beautiful restaurant and the food looks really good too! I hope all is well and you are doing great! Have a lovely merry happy Monday and a beautiful week! Love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!