Monday, May 27, 2013

[Taipei] - Simple Market

I've reserved my Sunday in Taipei for Simple Market which happens from 1-7pm and have been looking forward to it. It is housed between a couple of old shophouses. 

Since the stalls were still in the process of set up when we arrived, we decided to check out Good Cho's which is a cafe, lifestyle shop and ice cream parlour. It is housed in one of the shophouses. I spent a while browsing the items in the shop-- zakka, local tea, organic produce-- lots to spend your cash on. I left with an indie CD, a cute roll of washi tape, a postcard and some local snacks. 

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

We headed to the cafe next. It was obvious that bagels (which came in different flavours) were the hot items on the menu because people were loading them onto their trays. We ordered it for our sit down lunch and I enjoyed it. If we had a lighter breakfast, I would have tried their plate of the day, which looked really healthy too.

Simple Market

Simple Market

With our stomachs filled, we were ready to check out the stalls in the market. There weren't that many but it was still nice. There were 2 sections. One part was local farmers produce and the other handmade items. Also there was a little drizzle the afternoon we were there, we had fun nevertheless!

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

Simple Market

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!