Friday, July 5, 2013

[Sydney] - MCA Zine Fest

I hope you are enjoying this Sydney series of posts so far. Today, I'll share with you one of my definite highlights of the trip. The MCA Zine Fest!! Part of the Sydney Writer's Festival, the zine fest was awesome! Even more so for me since I haven't witnessed one of such a scale! 

Held at the Museum of Contemporary Arts (MCA), there were some booths in the outdoor area and a huge space indoors. I loved the energy in there! There was so much appreciation and support for zines in that hall, from people of all ages. I mean, zine culture has been in existence for quite a long time. And whatever genre of zines you are into, you'll find it in there. I happily blew my cash, building up my zine collection. I also met my lovely friend, Anthea of Spoonful who had a super cute booth there!

MCA Zine Fest 

MCA Zine Fest 

MCA Zine Fest 
Table where you could make your own zines.

MCA Zine Fest

MCA Zine Fest
Start them young!

MCA Zine Fest

MCA Zine Fest

After my pocket got quite empty, we checked out some of the cool exhibits in the MCA.

MCA Zine Fest

MCA Zine Fest


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!